harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject [classlib] Sun compiler change?
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:54:50 GMT
Is anyone else using the latest Sun JDK, v5.0 Update 8 on Windows?

I'm seeing a compilation error in the LUNI that I don't see with 5.0 Update
7. Here's the error I'm getting.

compile:

    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\dev\harmony\enhanced\classlib\trunk\build\classes

    [javac] Compiling 3173 source files to
C:\dev\harmony\enhanced\classlib\trun

k\build\classes

    [javac]
C:\dev\harmony\enhanced\classlib\trunk\modules\luni\src\main\java\ja

va\util\MiniEnumSet.java:78: inconvertible types

    [javac] found   : java.util.Collection<capture of ? extends E>

    [javac] required: java.util.EnumSet<E>

    [javac]             EnumSet<E> set = (EnumSet<E>) collection;

    [javac]                                           ^

When I compile in Eclipse 3.2 there's no error.

-Nathan