harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject [classlib][concurrent] Next IBM VME request
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:08:03 GMT
For those kind souls working that help release the IBM VME, I'd like to ask
for an implementation of the "sun.misc.Unsafe" interface for the next
release to facilitate the 'concurrent' modules continued development. As
such, the only portion of the Unsafe class that would need to be implemented
is what's defined in the 'luni-kernel' module. Additionally, the
'concurrent' module has one other requirement and that's the implementation
of a native method in AtomicLong [1]. My initial goal it to be able to
enable all of the tests in the 'concurrent' module's build (all tests are
currently disabled).

Let me and the list know how we can help if there's anything needed. Thanks.

-Nathan

[1] private static native boolean VMSupportsCS8();