harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some question about drlvm
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:45:29 GMT
On the 0x1B4 day of Apache Harmony ustczz@gmail.com wrote:
> I rerun the application with option -Xint
>
> and unlucily, it doesn`t pass,  keep running and nothing comes out.

OK, you mean, the problem persists .. eh..

> The same with other options except with option -Xem opt.

OK, let's try to find out which method is the most unlucky and hangs :)
It is easy to find out which methods were compiled last:

<...>/java -Xem jet -Xtrace:em <your options> 2>methods.compiled.txt

That's the JIT side. You can try other options to identify, what
happens. "java -X" for help on extra VM options.

> with option -Xem opt,   many "SIGSEGV in VM code." are printed.

that's what I get in default mode now :(
GDB does not help, shows segfault in libc with corrupted (?) stack:
(gdb) bt
#9  0x56a00158 in ?? ()
#10 0x4077ef77 in _int_free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

looks like somebody broke the build :)

You may try to checkout a more stable version, if it does not bother you
much. Then, you can use more tracing capabilities of optimizing JIT:

to dump *all method-entry* events (cool, heh?:) use options:
-Xem opt -Xjit ia32::itrace=on

Hope this helps...