harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] compatibility nuances
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:15:25 GMT
2006/7/14, Richard Liang <richard.liangyx@gmail.com>:

> Magnusson, Geir wrote:

IIRC, Sun and JRockit behave differently to this matter, JRockit's VM
reports methods in reversed order. Besides, there are 2 APIs:
getDeclaredMethods() and getMethods() - we should consider both if we
really care. And detecting "right" order for the last is tedious -
taking into account variety of heritable methods (declared directly,
inherited from superclass(es), inherited from superinterface(s),
inherited from superinterfaces of superclasses).

I believe we need a bit stronger motivation for scratching this issue,
than a blunt testcase - some real-world application.

--
Regards,
Alexey Varlamov