harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vm-kernel][testing] Where to put VM-agnostic tests for kernel classes?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:36:40 GMT
> Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> > I know the topic of test layouts is too popular here, but let me offer
> > some more grounds :)
> >
> > I think classlib tests should include a suite for VM-independent
> > kernel tests, like recently created testcases in H-765 and H-721. The
> > latter has gone to drlvm/vm/tests/smoke suite, which also has a number
> > of good candidates for moving to a common place.
> >
> > I see classlib/luni-kernel as the most natural location for now, but
> > maybe it worths a separate module altogether?
>
> If they are Java API tests then pop them into LUNI.  The Kernel
> distinction is only for the physical separation of VM-specific types,
> they are still logically part of LUNI.

Well, my perception was that we strive for keeping (unit) tests within
the same module with tested entities, that's why I suggested
luni-kernel. But indeed, the distinction here is subtle - consider
InternString test, for example...

So for now it seems that we agreed to put such tests to classlib,
whatever module is appropriate in common sense.

In the long-term outlook, I corroborate Geir's wishes for the
(sub)component for integration tests.

--
Alexey Varlamov