harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] Cleaning insides of Class.h header
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:24:35 GMT
Hello, all.

I would like to work on cleaning the insides of Class.h header file.

This header is related to internal representation of java class inside the
VM. Currently it contains all entities for internal class representation:
class itself, constant pool, members (field, method), exceptions handler,
vtable and so forth.

First thing I would like to do is to split the file into a group of files,
each of which would contain only one entity (and some closely related
entities, if any). This would produce the following headers:
1)       Class.h – constant pool and class
2)       vtable.h – vtable
3)       class_member.h – field and method entities descriptors, exception
handler descriptor
4)       cci.h – code chunk entity (part of compiled method code)

Second thing to do is to throw away members (and other stuff), which are not
used anymore and the only reason they are still there is history or they do
not belong to these files.

Third thing to do is to make all these entities C++ objects. Currently,
member variables of all listed entities are used arbitrarily throughout
DRLVM code. I would like to regularize usage and, also, document internals
of these entities.

Certainly, I'll do all these changes step-by-step with little patches coming
in.

Regards,
           Pavel Pervov
Intel Middleware Products Division.