harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test-infra] Build Test Infrastructure
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:49:17 GMT
Hello,

I know why this thread is so lazy - it's because everybody dislikes QA
& testing :)

> OK, now let me add my $0.02 about my vision about reporting of test
> results. I believe it's better to do this using HTTP rather than mail
> because some people may not have access to SMTP port (for example, be
> behind proxy with Exchange as mail server - I don't really know if it
> provides SMTP service). HTTP is open in most  configurations and it
> was already decided that HDK and tests will be delivered via HTTP.
>
> I see the reporting of the results in the following way: after
> executing tests the script packs results and uploads them (as with
> browser file upload) to the server. After that data is processed on
> server-side - daemons can send periodical e-mails, draw charts,
> reports, lists of top test results contributors, etc.

Nobody criticized this approach so I assume that it's not too bad. I'm
going to implement a sketch for server-side bunch of scripts - one
that accepts uploads and puts them to a temp directory and maybe some
simple reports. They won't use any database. I believe that most
common server-side engine is CGI (not PHP or J2EE) so I'd like to
implement this using Perl CGI scripts. Since this is a first draft,
I'm not going to use advanced templates language like XSLT. Including
HTML output in script is bad idea so I'm going to use something like
HTML::Template [1] for pages generation and CGI::Lite [2] for requests
handling.

Perl is chosen just because it suites well for fast prototyping development.

If nobody objects, I'm going to start coding.

[1] http://html-template.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://search.cpan.org/~smylers/CGI-Lite-2.02/Lite.pm

--
Regards,