harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] crash handling
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:47:45 GMT
Hello,

I've been trying to nail down a small problem - new
java.util.zip.Deflater().setDictionary(new byte[] {}) throws
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Harmony and doesn't throw in RI.
Trying to find a code that causes this problem I've modified native
code and after one of modifications VM crashed, but not with usual
stacktrace but with popup window (I did it on Windows) that offered to
debug my application.

I fully understand that it was my fault, etc, but I believe that
Harmony code is not 100% error-free and such errors in native code may
happen. Maybe it's worth to catch such errors and wrap them into
regular Exceptions or at least print stacktrace to the console.

--
Regards,
Anton Luht,