harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test-infra] Build Test Infrastructure
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:07:48 GMT
Hello,

Here are the results of testing CC script on Linux and Windows

A problem for both platforms: fetching classlib dependencies behind
proxy doesn't work. Setting ANT_OPTS doesn't help. Setting in Windows
ANT_OPTS in System->...->Environment variables (I thought they should
have been passed to all processes) doesn't help, too. I've tried to
add explicitly <setproxy ../> with hardcoded host and port to the
cc/projects/classlib/trunk/make/depends.xml - ant complained that it
didn't know such task. I've copied ant-nodeps.jar  from ant-1.6.5 to
cc/lib - version conflict happened. After copying  ant-nodeps.jar from
ant-1.6.2 to cc/lib external dependencies finally fetched.

After that Windows build & tests finally worked, on Linux I still
experience some problems,  but I believe I do something wrong so I
won't bother you with details :) One thing I don't understand for
windows is that why CC doesn't show last successful build time at
localhost:8080 though cc/projects/classlib/trunk/build/test_report
contains test results

> > Cleanup of 'connectfour' directories in the build look
> > strange to me :)
>
> You mean that we're doing it, or how it's done?  I thought it needed to
> be done as it's a standard CC distro that's automatically fetched and
> setup, and it's nice to have the unrelated drek removed.

Sorry, I didn't notice that CC distro contains extra stuff - I thought
it was just a typo or a copy-paste error.

OK, now let me add my $0.02 about my vision about reporting of test
results. I believe it's better to do this using HTTP rather than mail
because some people may not have access to SMTP port (for example, be
behind proxy with Exchange as mail server - I don't really know if it
provides SMTP service). HTTP is open in most  configurations and it
was already decided that HDK and tests will be delivered via HTTP.

I see the reporting of the results in the following way: after
executing tests the script packs results and uploads them (as with
browser file upload) to the server. After that data is processed on
server-side - daemons can send periodical e-mails, draw charts,
reports, lists of top test results contributors, etc.

--
Regards,
Anton Luht,