harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [optimization] Algorithmic tricks
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:43:33 GMT
On 7/26/06, Denis Kishenko <dkishenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>

> There are a lot of algorithmic tricks in graphics module (awt, geom). But
> as
> I understand this module hasn't been integrated yet completely. By the way
> does anybody there has experience and is interested in graphics
> algorithms?
> I do =)
>
> I can recommend http://groups.google.com/group/comp.graphics.algorithms to
> find some interesting ideas about graphics and discuss algorithms with
> really cleaver guys.
>

> It's a good idea to refer from code on algorithm description. Usually it's
> very hard to understand algorithm by code only, especially when it is
> optimized. May be Harmony should have own web Algorithms Storage? So every
> complex algorithm will has article in this Storage, with good explanation,
> some examples and performance statistics(optional).

Sounds great to have a page with algorithms tricks used in Harmony project!

As for this thread I would suggest next tactics: to state issue here (thread
is a kind of a list of issues) and initiate issue discussion in separated
thread if it is worthy of it. Otherwise one unfinished trick discussion will
get lost behind the more active another trick discussion.

Thanks,
Ilya.

--
> Denis M. Kishenko