harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] internationalization
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:51:23 GMT
Hello to all!
Sorry for such a delay in responce, was on vacation and had slow access to
e-mail.

I just would like to summarize our thoughts.
I agree with Tim, that a tool to generate Msg and MsgUtil classes based on
the teamplate may has sence.
I had doubts that these classes are ot be changed quite often to generate
them every build time. Thus, idea to regenerate classes for all modules only
when teamplate is changed seems to me more reasonable. I will work on it.

As far as I understood we've chosen good old "non-Eclipse" method, hence I'm
going to use Msg teamplate from the luni module.

The one main problem that is still unresolved -  how to get messages for
internationalization from modules.
Messages externalization utility in Eclipse can be used only for messages
without arguments, that are fully situated on the line, otherwise they will
be splitted into 2 separated messages. Also Eclipse utility doesn't know
anything about arguments in messages.

May be anyone has an idea how it is better to extract messages in the proper
format?

Thanks,
Ilya.