harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Using Yoko as CORBA for Harmony
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:45:40 GMT
> Guys,
>
> There is a CORBA implementation in Apache incubator named Yoko.
> http://incubator.apache.org/yoko/
>
> I've built and reviewed it... It seems that Yoko have almost all the
> packages from the 1.5 specification.
> So it looks like a good candidate for using as CORBA for Harmony.
>
> The only problem is that Yoko has even more packages in org.omg then
> specified by 1.5 specification. So we should decide what to do with
> them.
>
> I'm planing to do the following things in nearest future:
> 1. Get the list of the not implemented classes in Yoko according to 1.5 spec.
I've attached the japi results of comparison of Yoko Core vs 1.5 spec...
The summary is: "Success rate is 77.6%. Bad: 112 classes, 50
interfaces, 576 methods. Missing: 3 packages, 21 classes, 13
interfaces, 37 methods, 2 constructors. Abs.add: 2 methods"

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division