harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Using Yoko as CORBA for Harmony
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:03:15 GMT
2006/7/22, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com>:

> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > There are not much news to share...
> >
> > First of all I realized that I did not completely build Yoko. My build
> > was failed with the test failure. I thought that all the tests are at
> > the end so all the sources are built. But Yoko runs the tests after
> > building each module...
> > I reviewed Yoko bug database and found the issue corresponding to my
> > failure, applied fix to my repository and definitely finished the
> > build after that :)
>
> Ok.
>

> > I've tried to run Maven on Harmony classlib+drlvm but have failed with
> > it. Ant lets to define Java executable to run on by environment
> > variable but I could not find such option for Maven. I've renamed
> > ij.exe into java.exe and set JAVA_HOME to drlvm location. Maven
> > started with Harmony after that but failed with Java version check.
> > Drlvm shows version like 11.smth.smth.
> > Probably we should fix this in drlvm. Or at least discuss this.
>
> Both are fixed in current version, or should be if it's just using the
> first line reported by "-versin"
> >
> > I also found a shell script inside Yoko which can run Yoko tests
> > without Maven. But I had not time to try it yet...
> >

> Ok - I don't understand quite what you are trying to do.
>
> The goal is to integrate yoko to satisfy the corba requirements for java
>  5.  it sounds like you are trying to run Yoko using Harmony.  This is
> something that will happen, but w/o any integration into classlib, right
> now no one can look at this with you.
>
> Can you come up with a first-pass, simple, just-get-it-in-there
> integration into the classlibrary?
Yes. First of all I'm trying to understand can Yoko work with Harmony or not.

Integration... You said that we need to download some jar from Yoko to
our deploy directory and use it. I agree with you since run Yoko's
build script from our build script is not a good idea.
But Yoko does not have any prebuilt jars for download right now. So we
should discuss this possibility on dev-list of Yoko.

How do you see "a first-pass, simple, just-get-it-in-there integration
into the classlibrary"?

SY, Alexey

> > 2006/7/21, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com>:
> >> So how goes the YOKO battle?