harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Using Yoko as CORBA for Harmony
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:08:30 GMT
There are not much news to share...

First of all I realized that I did not completely build Yoko. My build
was failed with the test failure. I thought that all the tests are at
the end so all the sources are built. But Yoko runs the tests after
building each module...
I reviewed Yoko bug database and found the issue corresponding to my
failure, applied fix to my repository and definitely finished the
build after that :)

I've tried to run Maven on Harmony classlib+drlvm but have failed with
it. Ant lets to define Java executable to run on by environment
variable but I could not find such option for Maven. I've renamed
ij.exe into java.exe and set JAVA_HOME to drlvm location. Maven
started with Harmony after that but failed with Java version check.
Drlvm shows version like 11.smth.smth.
Probably we should fix this in drlvm. Or at least discuss this.

I also found a shell script inside Yoko which can run Yoko tests
without Maven. But I had not time to try it yet...

SY, Alexey

2006/7/21, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com>:
> So how goes the YOKO battle?
>
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > There is a CORBA implementation in Apache incubator named Yoko.
> > http://incubator.apache.org/yoko/
> >
> > I've built and reviewed it... It seems that Yoko have almost all the
> > packages from the 1.5 specification.
> > So it looks like a good candidate for using as CORBA for Harmony.
> >
> > The only problem is that Yoko has even more packages in org.omg then
> > specified by 1.5 specification. So we should decide what to do with
> > them.
> >
> > I'm planing to do the following things in nearest future:
> > 1. Get the list of the not implemented classes in Yoko according to 1.5
> > spec.
> > 2. Check that we have all the classes needed by Yoko in Harmony.
> >
> > Thoughts? Comments?
> >
> > SY, Alexey

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division