harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] internationalization
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:42:30 GMT
2006/7/19, Denis Kishenko <dkishenko@gmail.com>:
> 2006/7/13, Tim Ellison t.p.ellison@gmail.com:
> >

> > When you load the messages using a ResourceBundle they also get loaded
> > all at once though, right?
>  Ops, you are right.
Yes, but do not forget that in "usual method" you just load the
ResourceBundle. Otherwise in "new Eclipse method" you also make as
many searches in it as many strings you have.
So startup time in the second case will significantly bigger for the
large ResourceBundles.

> So question is which method is better?
> message = Messages.getString("key.one");
> or
> message = Messages.key_one;
First of all you should define "better" for this case :)
I've tried to express my vision in the previous email.

SY, Alexey

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division