harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Using Yoko as CORBA for Harmony
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:32:11 GMT
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:

> >> Great.  Does it come with a test suite too?  Just thinking about how we
> >> check that the Yoko code works ok on Harmony.
> > Yep, it has test suite but I was not successful in trying to run it yet :(

> >> Hmm, is that a problem?  I'm assuming that we can have any packages
> >> outside the 1.5 spec that we want (e.g. o.a.harmony.whatever).
> > org.apache.harmony is our internal classes.
>
> Understood.
>
> > But Yoko has additional packages under org.omg which are covered by
> > 1.5 spec.
>
> This is the bit I don't get -- if they are packages not in the 1.5 spec
> then why do you say they are 'covered by the 1.5 spec'?
>
> > In fact it looks like additional packages like java.smth or
> > javax.swing.smth in Harmony.
>
> No, Sun have no call over the org.omg package namespace.  I agree it
> would be wrong to have additional java.* packages, but I'd be very
> surprised if having additional org.omg packages was 'illegal'.
Here is the list of org.omg packages from 1.5 spec:
org.omg.CORBA
org.omg.CORBA_2_3
org.omg.CORBA_2_3.portable
org.omg.CORBA.DynAnyPackage
org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage
org.omg.CORBA.portable
org.omg.CORBA.TypeCodePackage
org.omg.CosNaming
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExtPackage
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage
org.omg.Dynamic
org.omg.DynamicAny
org.omg.DynamicAny.DynAnyFactoryPackage
org.omg.DynamicAny.DynAnyPackage
org.omg.IOP
org.omg.IOP.CodecFactoryPackage
org.omg.IOP.CodecPackage
org.omg.Messaging
org.omg.PortableInterceptor
org.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitInfoPackage
org.omg.PortableServer
org.omg.PortableServer.CurrentPackage
org.omg.PortableServer.POAManagerPackage
org.omg.PortableServer.POAPackage
org.omg.PortableServer.portable
org.omg.PortableServer.ServantLocatorPackage
org.omg.SendingContext
org.omg.stub.java.rmi

Yoko have additional packages to this list.
Do you think that this is OK?

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division