harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Using Yoko as CORBA for Harmony
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 19:39:52 GMT
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > There is a CORBA implementation in Apache incubator named Yoko.
> > http://incubator.apache.org/yoko/
> >
> > I've built and reviewed it... It seems that Yoko have almost all the
> > packages from the 1.5 specification.
> > So it looks like a good candidate for using as CORBA for Harmony.
> Great.  Does it come with a test suite too?  Just thinking about how we
> check that the Yoko code works ok on Harmony.
Yep, it has test suite but I was not successful in trying to run it yet :(

> > The only problem is that Yoko has even more packages in org.omg then
> > specified by 1.5 specification. So we should decide what to do with
> > them.
> Hmm, is that a problem?  I'm assuming that we can have any packages
> outside the 1.5 spec that we want (e.g. o.a.harmony.whatever).
org.apache.harmony is our internal classes. But Yoko has additional
packages under org.omg which are covered by 1.5 spec.
In fact it looks like additional packages like java.smth or
javax.swing.smth in Harmony.

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko