harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] internationalization
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:48:45 GMT
2006/7/12, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com>:
> So you are agreed with the first reason? :)
No, I do not agree that this is a problem. But this is one of the
possible arguments.

> > > Bcause of longer keys to a bundle - compare "a123" and "The
> > > application has requested unusual operation and should be slated."
> > It seems that we have some misunderstanding here... :)
> >
> > Check "new Eclipse" method. It suggests something like:
> >
> > public class Msgs {
> >    public static final String a123;
> >
> >    static {
> >        MsgUtils.initializeMessages(...
> >    }
> > }
> >
> > I suggested to change it to something like
> >
> > public class Msgs {
> >    public static final String a123 = "The application has requested
> > unusual operation and should be slated.";
> >
> >    static {
> >        MsgUtils.initializeMessages(...
> >    }
> > }
> >
> > So the only difference is that we do not need to initialize messages
> > for English locale.
>
> For this method, the difference is even worse. Originally, there is a
> name of a field as the key and no default value. After adding  default
> initialization, the default value takes additional space.
Where?

Are you trying to say that default initializers will eat the memory
all the time class is loaded? If so... I have not think about this....
Probably you are right.

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division