harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r420823 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/depends/libs/build: ./ README.txt fetch-awt-depends.sh
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:14:19 GMT
2006/7/12, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

> On 12 July 2006 at 12:50, "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've just returned from the vacation.  And I have planned to work
> > on trying to run awt with GnuWin32 libraries today. But we have few
> > predicatble issues with them.
> Excellent.  Thanks Alexey.
But as I said we got few predictable problems here:
1. Not all the libraries in GnuWin32 have needed versions.
2. Libraries form GnuWin32 are looking for zlib1.dll which is renamed
in Harmony class lib.

> > We also did not finish the talks about integrating the needed sources
> > into Harmony class library since the licenses seems to be Apache
> > authorized. As we did with zlib.
> I suspect this would be a difficult path.
Why we could include zlib and could not include others? ;)
The only problem I see is synchronization with the libraries main tree...

> > And we also have possibility to update Harmony build script to
> > download and build this libraries...
> I think this might be the best option if we don't have a usable source
> of binary downloads.
Probably so...

SY, Alexey

--