harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] internationalization
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:10:17 GMT
2006/7/12, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com>:
> > Why do you think it will take more memory for non-English locales?
> Bcause of longer keys to a bundle - compare "a123" and "The
> application has requested unusual operation and should be slated."
It seems that we have some misunderstanding here... :)

Check "new Eclipse" method. It suggests something like:

public class Msgs {
    public static final String a123;

    static {
        MsgUtils.initializeMessages(...
    }
}

I suggested to change it to something like

public class Msgs {
    public static final String a123 = "The application has requested
unusual operation and should be slated.";

    static {
        MsgUtils.initializeMessages(...
    }
}

So the only difference is that we do not need to initialize messages
for English locale.

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko