harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio-charset] RI is inconsistent with spec when loading charset provider
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:39:16 GMT

> Shall we follow RI or spec? I'd like to suggest follow RI for this
> specific
> case, because:
>
> 1. If we follow spec, it may cause legacy applications fail.

I do not think that fixing this bug will affect legacy applications badly,
because we will add new functionality that is turned on by special
configuration files. Old functionality will not be affected.

2. Other service provider in nio module are all loaded by system class
> loader.
>
> Any suggestions and comments?

This bug is 4 years old. One or two years more and it will become a
'feature'

Anyway, I vote to follow spec but not RI :) (AFAIK as classpath did)

--
Mikhail Fursov