harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance of drlvm
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:01:11 GMT
Look for "cache prefetching" in google and decide if you want to optimize
JIT, GC or both
Here is some interesting links I found

*Prefetch injection based on hardware monitoring and object metadata: *
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=996873
*Stride prefetching by dynamically inspecting objects: *
http://portal.acm.org/affiliated/citation.cfm?id=781131.781161&coll=GUIDE&dl=ACM&type=series&idx=781131&part=series&WantType=series&title=Conference%20on%20Programming%20Language%20Design%20and%20Implementation&CFID=602113&CFTOKEN=49769441

These articles could be too advanced for initial implementation but useful.

--
Mikhail Fursov