harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance of drlvm
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:40:30 GMT
zouqiong,
The dynamic optimization is an area I'm very interested in. I think I have
enough of knowledge of how DRLVM DPGO subsystem works and can help you to
implement or plug new profile collectors.

What kind of dynamic optimizations you are going to research? Which kind of
profile these optimizations require?

We test the performance of drlvm with the benchmark specjbb2000, and the
> score is a little lower than jdk1.5.

I hope we will beat any other VM in future :). Right now I just want to
remind testing of performance is not an easy task. There are a lot of
dependencies on VM/JIT configuration settings. SpecJBB is one of the
benchmarks that 1) depends on configuration heavily 2) cost a money. May be
we can choose one of the free benchmarks for this local research? What about
DeCapo hsqldb?

--
Mikhail Fursov