harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Miguel Montes" <miguel.mon...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][html] Should we try to be binary compatible with Sun's bdtd?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:08:49 GMT
Hi:
Working on the HTML parser, I found the following problem.
The HTML parser can be parameterized by a DTD. The class
javax.swing.text.html.parser.DTD has a method read(DataInputStream), that
reads a DTD in binary format. AFAIK, there is no public specification of
this format, and the recent contribution of the HTML component (HARMONY-948)
seems to use its own binary format.
Although I donĀ“t know if there are applications out there using this method
to load custom DTDs, the method is public, so I think we should be
compatible with Sun. That is, we should be able to read Sun's bdtd, and our
bdtd should be readable by Sun's implementation.

Am i missing something? Does anyone know if there is a specification? Is it
OK to reverse engineer the file "html32.bdtd"?

--
Miguel Montes