harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [rant] Memory options in VM -- why is the default not 'unlimited'
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:36:52 GMT
Agree that maximum size is still desirable for system stability
reason. :-)  ( I hope the OS MM can be more intelligent to deal with
overcommitment.)  But here in this specific discussion context, I
think the word `unlimit' or `infinite' is meaning `unlimit under
certain limit'. Whatever the limit is can be defined by the clever OS
(which returns a ENOMEM, for example) or user heuristics.

Thanks,
xiaofeng