harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Marina Goldburt" <marina.v.goldb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] porting to other platforms
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:55:10 GMT
>On 7/25/06, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com> wrote:mm...

>Do you mean VM or classlib? I'm not familiar with current VM(DRL,
>JCHEVM, BootJVM...)'s structure, but for classlib, IIRC we have
>discussed these issue before, and seems the agreement is to layout them
>into directories,

>For example, the LUNI module has platform dependent natives, while
>Security has platform dependent java codes, they are layout as this:

>src -- main -- java(native) -- share
                                       -- linux
                                       -- windows

The question is what to do if the code depends not only on an operating
system but on
a machine architecture too. (em64t,ipf ...)

And it is only about the classlib. The DRLVM has possibilities to add
architecture dependent code. (I don't know about other vms - I'm not
familiar with them too)

Marina