harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Marina Goldburt" <marina.v.goldb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portlib functionality
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:37:51 GMT
Hi, Paulex,

On 7/7/06, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I'm working on the FileChannel completion, and my thought is to
> write platform dependent codes for mmap at first(I thought it is easier
> to be accepted, so that things can be moved forward), then propose a
> mmap related extension to portlib, and if it is accepted, refactor the
> codes. The current portlib's mmap API cannot meet the requirement of nio
> in several ways:
> 1. cannot map file in modes other than Copy-On-Write
> 2. cannot map part of file
> 3. cannot pick up the opened file descriptor as parameter
>
> Will look at the file locking later...And I'm sure there are other
> things worthing evaluation to be portlib extension.

What is the current state of your development?
As I see, you didn't extend portlib functionality yet.
How are you going to do it?

As everybody agrees that moving all platform-dependent code of the luni
module to the portlib is the correct idea,
let's discuss the way the portlib can be extended.

Marina.