harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Marina Goldburt" <marina.v.goldb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Using APR for Harmony's native link to the OS
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:22:52 GMT
The patch is only an experiment to change the internal portlib
implementation, that, as I think, reveals some design/implementation
problems of the luni module.

I think, it makes sense to move all platform-specific code of the luni into
the portlib. And in parallel to cooperate with the APR developers "on making
it possible to use APR without pools" - that, of course, the main problem
that makes the APR not suitable for JVM needs.

By the end of the process We'll have platform independent interface to
operating system functionality, that covers all the luni needs, isolating in
the portlib and can switch the portlib implementation to APR (if it have the
appropriate memory model by the moment).

Marina.