harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Marina Goldburt" <marina.v.goldb...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib]Using APR for Harmony's native link to the OS
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:45:23 GMT
Hi,

To support the idea mentioned in the letter
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200602.mbox/%3C43F06F25.8040304@gmail.com%3E,

I've tried to implement the file I/O  part of the Harmony portlib using APR.

The JIRA issue with the patch is
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-751.

The main difficulty to implement I/O function using APR was the lack of
modularity in the classlib native code (the other (not portlib) modules
relies on the portlib functions returning OS I/O handles (but APR uses its
own handles)).

Please, review the patch and comment if the efforts to move OS/platform
specific code to APR make sense and can be useful.

Marina