harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] testing guidlines -- support classes
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:29:10 GMT
All: support classes, impl-classpath, impl-boot, api-classpath, and
api-boot tests
are compiled into separate directories.

Support classes are compiled first, tests are compiled with support classes in
the classpath.

When the tests are running, support classes are accessible the same way as
the tests, i.e. via bootclasspath when bootclasspath tests are running and in
classpath when classpath tests are running.

If nobody object I can add to the doc something like:

"Support classes for the tests might be located both within the tests
and in the
support directory. Support classes that are shared between different
types of the
tests are recommended to be in the support dir.

When the bootclasspath tests are running all classes in the support
dir are available by bootclasspath. Otherwise they are available by
classpath."
via classpath.

Thanks,
Mikhail