harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][html] Should we try to be binary compatible with Sun's bdtd?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:52:24 GMT

Agree with that. Thanks for summarizing.

>It also seems that serialization is not the proper way of doing 3), so
we
>must select a format that doesn't depend on the implementation of, say,
>Hashtable, and we remain compatible with future versions of the class
>libraries.

Using serialization we do not depend on Hashtable implementation because
its serialized form is specified [1]. But we do depend on implementation
of classes in jx.s.t.html.parser package, the serialized form of which
is not specified. However, I don't insist and we should consider other
possibilities too.

>What about using ASN.1? We already have a decoder, so it shouldn't be
>difficult

What is ASN.1?

[1]
file:///C:/Langs/JDK%205%20API/api/serialized-form.html#java.util.Hashta
ble

Regards,
Alexey.

<SNIP>