harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][html] Should we try to be binary compatible with Sun's bdtd?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:34:49 GMT

I don't know about any spec. The bug on Sun site [1] seems to prove there is no spec for the
binary format of DTD.

In this implementation binary format is just a serialized version of DTD based on HTML 4.01
Transitional.

Why do we need to read the binary DTD of Sun? Harmony classlib will have its own bdtd, which
it is able to deal with. IMHO if we need to, we can create our own html32.bdtd.

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4216248

Regards,
Alexey.

--