harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Contribution of the HTML sub-component of the SWING component
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:19:24 GMT
Stefano,

We've considered CyberNeko HTML parser. We abandoned it because Swing
HTML implementation doesn't need DOM. (Other parsers mostly do the
same.)

The API for HTML parser is specified by JavaDoc, and we must call these
methods while building up the content of HTMLDocument. Of course, we can
iterate DOM and call the required functions to build HTML structure. On
the other hand, the DOM won't be used any more. Another point is loading
an HTML document could be performed asynchronously. (This hasn't been
implemented yet, however.)

So I think adapting an existing parser so that HTMLDocument is built
on-the-fly (and incrementally) without generating DOM tree might not be
the best alternative. And parser should be DTD-based, as specified by
JavaDoc.

Regards,
Alexey.

--