harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] Peace (was: Re: svn commit: r419522 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/nio: .classpath build.xml make/hyproperties.xml src/test/java/common/ src/test/java/common/org/ src/test/java/linux/ src/test/java/org/ src/test
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:05:39 GMT
The more I work with our tests the more I see that managing tests via
directory layout is worse than using metadata.

I thought about three more characteristics we might want to mark-up tests
with:
    - Platform-specific unit tests
    - Harmony implementation test vs. API tests
    - Broken buggy tests
    - Tests failing due to bug in implementation
    - [Potentially in future] type of test - unit, functional, stress,
reliability, etc.
    - [Potentially in future] regression test
    - Each of the listed above can be:
        - OS-specific
        - Processor architecture-specific
NEW – Test should be executed only in separate JVM

NEW – Long running test

NEW – Non-re-enterable test

We already have "only in separate VM" tests, for example
org/apache/harmony/logging/tests/java/util/logging/LogManagerTest.java

*Long running– we might want to mark-up such tests sometime later when we
have long-running tests and do not want to execute them in quick
pre-integration testing for example.

*Non-re-enterable – we might want to mark-up such tests when we try to
re-use unit tests in unusual modes – for example for reliability or stress
testing purposes.

thanks, Vladimir