harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Status of drlvm
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:15:24 GMT
Apparently segfault disappears if one replaces the "hyzlib" library
(which is compiled from re-distributed zlib at
modules\archive\src\main\native\zlib_dist) with the "natural" libz
which comes with the Linux installation (I'm using GCC 3.3.4 as well).
It seems there is still a conflict between drlvm which is linked to
libz.so and classlib which is linked to libhyzlib.so even if the
workaround HARMONY-853 is applied.

To use the natural zlib on Linux, I did the following:
- removed $(DLLPATH)libhyzlib.so entry in MDLLIBFILES across
classlib's makefiles
- added  LDFLAGS = -lz to archive/linux/makefile.
- changed #define HY_ZIP_DLL_NAME to be "z" in
archive/src/main/native/include/shared/zipsup.h

Do people believe this is a right way to go?
Note that for Windows, we'll have either to :
- keep zlib compiled from zlib_dist, or
- download the binaries via "ant fetch-depends" similarly to the drlvm
build (it can be taken from http://www.zlib.net/zlib123-dll.zip).

What will be the preferences? I would stick to the second approach
since recompiling zlib seems to be an odd work.

Thanks,
Andrey.

On 7/19/06, Nataly Naumova <natalya.s.naumova@gmail.com> wrote:
> Vladimir,
>
> I've applied both patches, but `segfault` is reproducible nevertheless.
> gdb says that:
> (gdb) run Hello
> Starting program:
> /export/lab_drlbuild/test_tmp/20060719/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/ij
> Hello
> [New Thread 1083593376 (LWP 11375)]
> [New Thread 1425222576 (LWP 11477)]
> [New Thread 1427856304 (LWP 11479)]
> [New Thread 1430490032 (LWP 11480)]
> [New Thread 1433123760 (LWP 11482)]
> [New Thread 1446890416 (LWP 11489)]
> [New Thread 1450089392 (LWP 11508)]
> [New Thread 1453329328 (LWP 11509)]

> [Switching to Thread 1453329328 (LWP 11509)]
> 0x40783aa2 in malloc_consolidate () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
>
> Thamks.
> --
> Nataly Naumova,
> Intel Middleware Products Division
>
> On 7/18/06, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nataly,
> >
> > I believe you need to accept both patches mentioned by Silikh in the initial
> > e-mail of this thread,
> > namely, H-898 & H-853. Could you please check if the 'seg fault' issue
> > disappears for gcc 3.3.4
> > as well?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vladimir.
> >
> > On 7/18/06, Nataly Naumova <natalya.s.naumova@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Vladimir and all,
> > > I've compiled with gcc 3.3.4 and received `seg faults` since July,08
> > > till now. I'm not applying any patches, and take just *pure* drlvm
> > > from SVN.
> > > DRLVM build for July,05 is fine, then the build was broken (on linux).
> > > Maybe we should look through the commits since July,05 till July 08 ?
> > > There were not too many commits there.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Nataly Naumova,