harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Ellison" <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] locale dependent tests
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:46:46 GMT
On 25/07/06, Richard Liang <richard.liangyx@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Not sure what the "fake" hard-coded locale is. I used to set the default
> locale to some particular one, e.g., en_US, but it seems that someone
> (Tim) does not like the idea. :-)

What I objected to was setting the locale to a specific value that
made the tests pass even where the logic is locale-specific.  So, for
example, if an application using the ru_RU locale would experience the
problem that Alexey is seeing with the DecimalFormat, then the tests
should use the default locale, and we (Harmony) get the benefit of a
wide community of hetrogeneous testers.

i.e. don't make all tests run on a uniform machine set-up -- let them
be realistic.

Regards,
Tim

--