harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Ellison" <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib] unification of eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:37:59 GMT
On 25/07/06, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com> wrote:
> My suggestion is simple. I'd like Tim looked at our changes (*
> drlvm\trunk\build\patches\hyplugin.patch*)
>
> and apply them if there are no objections. It seems I need to create new
> JIRA issue (for convenience)

I'll have a look soon (my hard disk died yesterday so I'm limited in
what I can do while it is rebuilt).  In the meantime Geir's suggestion
of making a DRLVM-specific plug-in type sounds right, then we can move
to the harmony launcher version when the VM does.

Regards,
Tim

> and attach the slightly-modified patch taking into account renaming ij to
> java. Does it make sense?
>
> After the Eclipse plug in will be modified we can remove the patching
> action.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Vladimir.
>
> So I was going to bring the code for the eclipse plugin from classlib
> > into DRLVM (and patch it as necessary) - temporarily - until we get
> > DRLVM using the launcher, and then it's moot - we can throw it out, and
> > just use the one from classlib (and move it out of there into /tools or
> > something)
> >
> > geir
> >

> > P.S. I'm an IDEA user.  IDEA just lets me point at the JRE directory I
> > want to use for execution and debugging, and it figures it out. Good
> > IDEA, huh?  Hopefully Eclipse will one day do this.

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.