harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Ellison" <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib] unification of eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:34:31 GMT
<snip>
> P.S. I'm an IDEA user.  IDEA just lets me point at the JRE directory I
> want to use for execution and debugging, and it figures it out. Good
> IDEA, huh?  Hopefully Eclipse will one day do this.

I know you only wrote that to get a rise out of someone ...

So how does IDEA know which Harmony JAR files to compile against?

If you point Eclipse at a standard JRE it will pick out the rt.jar
etc, but our modular packaging and multi-VM support means that we need
a new VM-type for Eclipse.

Regards,
Tim

--