harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] porting to other platforms
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:21:51 GMT
Not intending to digress, but we need to discuss what are the platforms of
choice for Harmony...which are the first tier and second tier h/w and O/s's
that we would like to port/build/test/benchmark/performance tune on before
starting porting projects.
We also need to define at least for the compilers, a minimal machine model (
h/w, OS )that we want to be compatible with. This also impacts porting work.
Eg., right now, the way Jitrino floating point is implemented, it assumes a
pentium 4. We need to do more work if we want to be PIII compatible.
Would it be possible to get some opinions on this before we just start
porting projects in a somewhat isolated fashion?

Thanks,
Rana