harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] using the harmony launcher
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:41:14 GMT
create_vm() looks quite close/complete to being a complete prototype for
CreateJavaVM,
but I think more work is needed in DestroyVM which prototypes DestroyJavaVM
for functional completeness. It is non waiting on user threads, it does not
send the corresponding JVMTI shutdown events, I also don't know if it
handles shutdown hooks cleanly ( but these "may" not be critical right now
for hooking up to the launcher ). What do you think?

When I ran a non trivial test.. upto 32 threads instantiating a very large
number of objects  with            -XcleanupOnExit which uses DestroyVM, it
exited cleanly. Maybe OK to hookup and fix bugs as we go.

Thanks,
Rana