harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRLVM] questions about "build.bat -DEBUILD_CFG=debug -DCXX=msvc"
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:43:14 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use the debugger to step through the write barrier
support that was recently added to Jitrino.JET.  DRLVM is built using
"build.bat -DEBUILD_CFG=debug -DCXX=msvc".  However, it turns out that
"_DEBUG" is not defined and MSVC is definitely optimizing the code.

After looking at the build/make files, I noticed that
drlvm/trunk/build/make/targets/common_vm.xml contains the lines:

            <select cfg="debug">
                <select os="win" cxx="icl">
                    <compilerarg value="/QxN" />
                    <compilerarg value="/Qip" />
                </select>

                <select os="win" cxx="msvc">
                    <compilerarg value="/Ox" />
                </select>
            </select>

The question is about the compiler switches for
cfg="debug",cxx="msvc".  It seems "/Ox" tells the compiler to optimize
the code.   Interestingly its the same compiler switches that are used
in the cfg=release configuration.  Maybe its a cut and paste typo??

In any case, I modified the msvc switches to read as below:

- <select os="win" cxx="msvc">
  <compilerarg value="/Od" />
  <compilerarg value="/MTd" />
  <compilerarg value="/D_DEBUG" />
  </select>

The code is definitely not optimized which is good.  But the compiler
is still ignoring "/D_DEBUG".  Any suggestions?

--
Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division