harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject [general]Snapshot cannot work on Win2K
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:18:53 GMT
Hi, all

I tried the latest snapshot[1] today on Win2K server with SP4 and hotfix
until 2005-08-23, (actually one friend wanted to use Harmony on his old
machines, he also had some experience about Eclipse on Harmony month ago
here[2]), but it failed even for "java -version", some error thrown as
Windows error box with message like "Cannot locate SymFromAddr at
dbghelp.dll" or so, while the latest classlib build with IBM VME works
fine on it. He said he also tried to compile DRLVM on the Win2k, but it
requires to download Eclipse 3.1.1(I guess only Eclipse compiler is
needed?), so he gave up. Any ideas can help me to pull him back to
Harmony from Sun JDK? :-D

[1]
http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/harmony/snapshots/latest-hdk-windows.zip
[2]