harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AWT 2D PERFORMANCE ISSUE
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:44:26 GMT
Denis Kishenko wrote:
> 2006/7/27, Igor Stolyarov <igorvstolyarov@gmail.com>:
>> Denis I hope you understand that I discuss BufferedImage rendering.
>> First of
>> all I offer draw all primitive for example on the DirectDrawSurface which
>> will be cache of BufferedImage and then blit this Surface to the
>> PrimarySurface (Screen). When we need Java access to the Raster of this
>> BufferedImage we have to synchronized Raster and cache
>> --
>> Igor V. Stolyarov
>> Intel Middleware Products Division
>>

> I know details of your problem but other people don't. If you want to
> get recommendations from community you should explain it more.

+1 :-)

Keep in mind that most of java people (and most people around here) are
server side people. At the very best, they have written one swing
application in their life. If you're very lucky, they have written their
own swing components (me, for example). But I don't think you'll find
many people familiar with DirectX or OpenGL type of native libraries and
even less with the problem that Swing hardware acceleration presents as
design issues.

--
Stefano.