harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][regex] Is this a issue of java.util.regex.Matcher.region(int, int);
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:36:29 GMT
Nikolay Kuznetsov 写道:
> Hello Spark Shen,
>
>> It seems that Matcher.region(int, int) will not have any effects when
>> called. This can be demonstrated by the following test case
>
> there is an issue quite similar to one you have raised filled by Richard:
>
> I'll try to provide a fix today, thanks for reminding.
>
>> BTW, there are other issues about java.util.regex. If necessary, can we
>> disscuss all these issues case by case.
>
> Surely, we can discuss issues if needed, but if smth just does not
> work, please fill an issue in JIRA, I'm looking after regex issues. If
> you need some problems to fix urgently, let me know separately.

Thank you very much, do I need to raise a new JIRA for this issue? Using
the test case I give,
I debug into the code. The calling stack is as follow:

SequenceSet.indexOf(CharSequence, int)
SequenceSet.find(int, CharSequence, MatchResultImpl) line: 69
SingleSet.find(int, CharSequence, MatchResultImpl) line: 52
Matcher.findAt(int) line: 317
Matcher.find(int) line: 304
Matcher.find() line: 342

in indexOf line 115 : int last = string.charAt(charCount - 1); the value
of string is "c".
I figure out this string variable is a member of SequenceSet. Since the
region in my test case setting is (0, 2),
I am not sure whether the string value here should be smth like "a".

Since SequenceSet is construct when Pattern.complile() and this members
value of the constructed SequenceSet
seems never change ever since, does it make sense that when region is
called, value of SequeceSet should also be updated?

Hope this guess would be helpful. :-)

Correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards
> Yours sincerely,