harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some question about drlvm
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:34:50 GMT
zouqiong wrote:
> good morning, sir,
> i redownload the harmony from svn, and when i build the drlvm,
> i encounter the following errors:
>

> I use the  jrockit-j2sdk1.4.2_08 that you recommoned in the READMe.txt.
> compiler: gcc-3.4.6
>
> build.java:
>     [echo] ## Building Java classes of 'extra.hyplugin'
> Overriding previous definition of reference to java.classes.pattern
> Overriding previous definition of reference to java.source.pattern
>    [javac] Compiling 7 source files to
> /home/ustczz/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/extra/hyplugin/_other/org.apache.harmony.eclipse.jdt.launching_1.0.0

>    [javac] javac: invalid target release: jsr14
Interesting... jsr14 is used as walk around for Java 5 compiler,
currently all Harmony VM (including IBM VME) haven't fully support 5.0
class format, so we need this option to compile the source codes with
5.0 syntax to 1.4 compatible binary code,  it should not be set if 1.4
compiler is used. Seems a bug of build script? Haven't look inside what
actually happened, but maybe you have interest to: 1. either find and
remove the setting about jsr14 and remove it(I'm not sure where it is
for DRLVM, but for classlib, it is in
enhanced/classlib/trunk/make/properties.xml)  2. or try a Java 5
compiler(I prefer this one :)). Good luck!

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab