harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] porting to other platforms
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:00:20 GMT
ICU4C already has some official 64 bits binaries download (For PPC,
Spark, etc)[1],  and has been tested on more platforms[2], ICU4J is pure
Java, ICU4JNI only release in source codes  and also has been tested on
many platforms[3], so basically I think ICU library can meets our
requirements.

The other issue is how we put these libraries(or builds them if
necessary) into our builds,  the trunk/depends already has
subdirectories for different platforms and it should be open for
extension, and I suppose some extension to the build script is also
necessary.

[1] http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/downloads.jsp
[2]
http://dev.icu-project.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/icu/readme.html?rev=release-3-4-1#HowToBuildSupported