harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [app-bug] Anyone interested in chasing down a bug?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:36:18 GMT
In HARMONY-956, I noted a bug that seems to point to a classpath
management problem.

I was just trying to run our own buildtest framework using the latest
JRE, and I get :

    [exec] Uncaught exception in Thread-2:
    [exec] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/spi/VectorWriter
    [exec]     at
org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:126)
    [exec]     at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:375)
    [exec]     at org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:869)
    [exec]     at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.warn(Log4JLogger.java:176)
    [exec]     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.doStart(WebApplicationContext.java:521)
    [exec]     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
    [exec]     at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:755)
    [exec]     at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
    [exec]     at
CruiseControlWithJetty$1.run(CruiseControlWithJetty.java:86)
    [exec]     at java.lang.Thread.run()

It may be really easy, but I don't have the time today... just a hint
for someone that's interested.

What I did was :

1) get the snapshot for windows (see download page on site)

2) do a checkout of the buildtest part of harmony

3) run 'ant setup' to get it setup (don't waste the time having it
checkout the source for classlib and drlvm - just let it get CC and set
that up.

4) run 'ant'

geir