harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] debug compilation as default
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:19:19 GMT
Salikh Zakirov skrev  den 17-07-2006 17:14:
> But then, I am "unix type", and having correctly defined environment
> is essential to me. I just keep my .profile file up-to-date,
> and don't care about setting it in a new window. It gets configured
> automatically.
> And I hate property files, because they cannot be
> configured in one central place, and I have to keep copying them
> over and over, and quickly get lost in a multitude of unsynchronized copies.

This applies for you, but you cannot check environment variables into a
versioning control system, and therefore ensure that the basic
environment is the same for all users.

I have now tried for quite some time to get in the water with the builds
and find environment variables extremely annoying since i have to keep
copying them around from machine to machine and get lost in a multitude
of unsynchronized copies.  property files are configured in one central
place :)

--
  Thorbjørn