harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classLib]Given a long value, RI behaves differently on windows and linux (and TestNG?)
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:00:01 GMT
Hi:

     I find another platform-dependent operation
FileChannel.transforFrom(ReadableByteChannel src, long position, long
count) in java.nio.channels. RI behaves differently if the given count
is larger than Integer.MAX_VALUE: on windows, it throws an IOException;
on Linux, it return zero silently. It is clear that the difference is
caused by system call. Unfortunately Harmony fails to behave like RI as
its has the same native code using the port-lib.
     If it is necessary to make Harmony behaving exactly like RI, I
suggest writing native code for transforFrom. This may be a
waste-of-effect as it is nearly the same except for this little
difference.However, currently people have few chances to use a size
larger than Integer.MAX_VALUE(nearly 4G, is it?), and system call does
not support long value to pass in.

     Another thing I'd like to mention is that it'll be great if we can
use testNG, or decide some other way to go. At least 2 testcases should
  be written for different platform as I remember, including the one for
this problem. :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv