harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] hdk and jre for review...
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:41:38 GMT

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr skrev  den 21-07-2006 15:46:
>>
>> Hm.  I'm using ubuntu 6.
>>
>> I'll go look at your JIRA.  Which is it?
>>
> You found the JIRA and helped me figuring out the couple of apt-gets
> needed.
>
> I'll give it a whirl now.
>> What I did doesn't change how you compile either classlib or drlvm - it
>> just is a 'one level up' federation of the two, that invokes the
>> particular build system for each, and then just collects the generated
>> artifacts.
>>
>> I though we'd started to collect info on the WIKI, but what I'll do is
>>
> In that case a pointer to the appropriate Wiki page would be sufficient
> in the root.  It is just a matter of where to start looking.

I just ran into this recently both in Geronimo and ActiveMQ, namely zero
documentation in the distribution, and a pointer to the website and I
have to admit, it was really annoying.  (And I'm part of Geronimo, so
I'm partially to blame there...)

I'd rather ensure that the basic information is included in the
distribution itself.  It's not that hard, unless you choose something
utterly inflexible for documentation, like, say, a wiki :)

geir